I tagged Clare at Ink and Incapability and she tagged me back! This tagging business is like a boomerang.
So here goes. Five weird things about me:
1. I have no siblings and no first cousins.
2. I never got chicken pox as a kid, even though I was around plenty of other kids who had it. I am convinced that I'm going to get it when I'm an old lady and it's going to kill me.
3. The Italian side of family is from of an obscure Italian Protestant minority. In America at the turn of the century, they attended a church called the Italian Presbyterian Church. Thus, my religious heritage (including all sides of my family) is Presbyterian, Lutheran, and Jewish. I married a Catholic though!
4. When I lived abroad as a child, my mother and I were once evacuated from our home by Marines. A coup d'etat attempt had broken out in our part of the city and there was shooting all around us. We spent four days holed up in another location with the rest of the American community, with no running water and only C-rations to eat. (The Galloping Beaver's favorite food!)
5. While I was living with her, my college roommate joined a bizarre cult that took control of her entire life and dictated all of her life decisions to her.
Five People to Tag:
1. Cheryl at The Galloping Beaver (See, this tagging business IS like a boomerang, except I'm going to pick on Cheryl instead of Dave).
2. Scott Lemieux at Lawyers, Guns and Money.
(NOTE: Being Canadian or Texan cannot count as being one of the weird things about you.)